Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Living with a "Can Do" attitude



I had a much needed talk with a really good friend of mine today. She told me that we will not be those women who sit around saying "if I had this, then I would do this". We were talking about money and jobs and the things we need to do. So she said instead of having a defeatist attitude we have to have the attitude that we ARE going to do something and that it WILL become manifest in our lives.

So often we walk around with this attitude that proves our worst fears...that we are less than and will not achieve our goals. At least I can admit I do sometimes. And it's hard for me because I'm such an optimistic person; so when I get down I'm down for the count. lol But it takes those people in your life to remind you of who you are.

I've made it too far to give up now because of this job situation. Life after undergrad is hard...especially when your waiting on something as big as the Peace Corps.

I prayed on it and I'm speaking it into existence and into my being...I WILL accomplish my goals and I will be AMAZING...right now that goal is getting a good job that will help me grow professionally and my long term goal is International Law.

Like I said on facebook the other day--whatever is for me is for me...I can't change it, but what I can do is be optimistic and be ready for the blessings coming my way.

That is a huge part of my walk towards living my life, loving myself and of course being fly ;-)

Stay blessed.

p.s. I really hope I can get people to read my blog....haha more on hair and such later...had to send some positive energy out there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment